The soft drink producer, Aujan, part of Coca-Cola, was required to upgrade its effluent treatment plant in order to comply with municipality limits. There was primary treatment followed by an MBR with c. 300 m³/day throughput. The plant had performed poorly. A new Anaerobic Digester was installed, UASB, to increase plant capacity to 3,000 m³/day and c. 9,000 kgCOD/day
The new plant consisted of screening, balancing, conditioning followed by Anaerobic Digestion (UASB) followed by Membrane BioReactor (c. 1,000 m³/day). We provided essential technical consultancy services to Aujan from project inception through to commissioning and sign-off to make sure that the new system met its objectives. We provided the following key services:
- Preparation of outline design of selected treatment technology and tender documentation that was issued to Contracting companies
- Undertook comprehensive technical and commercial evaluation of submitted bids
- Providing thorough review of Contractor’s Design package and played a key role in fine tuning plant design aspects to enhance performance, operation, maintenance and optimise build cost.
- Supported Aujan through the Contractor Commissioning and Handover (including takeover/performance testing) including regular site visits and attendance at technical meetings
- Supported Contract with detailed technical support on complete overhaul of Toray MBR system
- Provided retained consultancy services after plant-start up to ensure that optimum performance was maintained